Release Notes for Trackable Entities v1.0.3
1. Limited support for .NET 4.0 has been added
- Trackable Entities Common NuGet package now supports .NET 4.0
- There is a new Trackable Entities Client for .NET 4.0 NuGet package,
which targets the .NET 4.0 client profile
2. ITrackable.AcceptChanges method has been moved from the service-side EF
NuGet packages to the Trackable Entities Common NuGet package
- This enables calling AcceptChanges on both the client and service sides,
in order to traverse an object graph setting TrackingState to Unchanged.
> This will usually only be called on the service side, but it might be
useful to call on the client side when entities are not returned from
- This is a breaking change from the prior release, but existing projects
only need to add a using directive for TrackableEntities.Common.
3. The VSIX installer and all project templates have been updated with v1.0.3
of all the Trackable Entities NuGet packages, as well as Entity Framework
v6.0.2 (except for Web API template for VS 2012 which uses EF 5.0).
4. The WCF Service and other item templates have been updated to display drop down lists
for trackable entities and DbContext classes in the Service.Entities project.
5. Support for Repository and Unit of Work patterns has been added.
- There are two new NuGet packages:
> This contains generic Repository and Unit of Work interfaces
> Generic Repository and Unit of Work classes with EF6 implementations
- Both sync and async operations are supported
- The NuGet packages are compatible with .NET 4.5 and higher and may be
used with both VS 2012 and 2013
- A set of new VS 2013 item and project templates
> Available for VS 2013 only - not currently supported for VS 2012
- A VS 2013 Patterns sample solution showing the entire implementation
with a Web API service