Release Notes for Trackable Entities v 2.5
Updated release notes for v 2.5 can be found here:https://github.com/tonysneed/trackable-entities/releases/tag/2.5.0
- Trackable Entities NuGet packages v 2.5.
- New EntityBase class for trackable entities.
- Improved implementation of INotifyPropertyChanged: Allows parameterless version of NotifyPropertyChanged (.Net 4.5).
- Implements interfaces needed for change tracking and merging.
- EntityBase is non-generic in order to support inheritance.
- ModelBase<T> has been deprecated and marked as obsolete.
- Support for inheritance.
- Trackable entity classes can now derive from other entities.
- Client and service libraries both support inheritance.
- Compatibility has been enabled for Windows Phone 8.1.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Updated code generation templates.
- T4 templates now use EntityBase instead of ModelBase.
- Json and DataContract serialization attributes have been removed.
- Project templates include packages and code to configure Json and DataContract serializers to handle cyclical references.
- T4 templates are now deployed as NuGet packages.
- EF Power Tools and EF 6.x Tools for Visual Studio are both supported.
- Versions for separate client and service entities, shared entities, with portable and .Net 4.5 targets.
- T4 templates support both the Entity Framework Power Tools and the Entity Framework 6.x Tools for Visual Studio.
- Project templates for Shared Entities between client and service.
- Project templates for Visual Studio 2013 and later now offer an option to create shared entities in a single project that is referenced both by client and service projects.
- A Shared Entities template has been added for EDMX-based models.
- Visual Studio 2012 projects may be manually updated by installing a code generation NuGet package and re-generating entities which derive from EntityBase.
- When creating a Trackable Entities project, a wizard will prompt for an entity format selection:
- Separate Client / Service Entities vs Shared Entities
- Portable vs .Net 4.5 Target
- Individual entities projects may be added to a solution, or a multi-project solution may be selected (WCF, Web API, Web API with Repo and Unit of Work Patterns).
- For convenience all service projects include the TrackableEntities.Client NuGet package to support shared entities, but you may wish to remove it if you are using separate client and service entities.
- Shared entities allow WCF clients to use "Add Service Reference" instead of a client channel factory.
No reviews yet for this release.
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.