Release Notes for Trackable Entities v 2.1.0
IMPORTANT: As of v 2.0 Trackable Entities no longer uses MVC scaffolding for adding customized Web API controllers. Instead you must select Add New Item and choose "Entity Web API Controller".
1. Support for Entity Framework 6.x Tools for Visual Studio 2012 and 2013.
2. T4 templates for Model First (aka Database First) development.
- Download the EF 6.x Tools for Visual Studio 2012 and 2013: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40762
- Download the Entity Framework Power Tools: http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/72a60b14-1581-4b9b-89f2-846072eff19d
- Support has been added for EF 6.x Tools for Visual Studio 2012 and 2013, which can be used to selectively add tables using the “ADO.Net Entity Data Model” wizard and provides a unified interface for generating both Model First and Code First applications.
- Because the EF 6.x Tools are not compatible with Portable Class Libraries, it is recommended you either use the Entity Framework Power Tools to generate client-side entities, or create a temporary .NET 4.5 class library then link or copy generated model classes to the Client.Entities project.
- The DbContext T4 template includes a partial ModelBuilding method so that you can place additional fluent mappings in a separate partial class. This may be required to correctly map 1-1 relations. For an example see the NorthwindSlim.Mappings.cs class in the Service.Entities project of the WebApiSample.VS2013 solution.
3. Miscellaneous Issues.
- T4 templates have been added for generating context and entity classes based on an Entity Data Model (EDMX file) for Model First development.
- First add an “ADO.NET Entity Data Model” to the project, selecting “EF Designer from Database” with Entity Framework 6.x.
- Right-click on the Entity Data Model design surface, then select “Add Code Generation Item.”
- Model First templates for Trackable Entities will appear under the Trackable category, Data sub-category.
- For adding context and model classes to the Service.Entities project, select “Service Trackable Entities EF 6.x Model First Generator.”
- For client-side entities, first add a .NET 4.5 class library to the solution. (Client.Entities is a Portable Class Library, which is not compatible with the ADO.NET Entity Data Model designer.) Then select “Client Trackable Entities EF 6.x Model First Generator.”
- Enter the same name as the original Entity Data Model, responding “Yes” to prompts for overwriting existing .tt files.
- Generated classes will appear under each .tt file. You can then link to the entity classes from the Client.Entities project.
- Fixed a problem deleting entities in 1-1 relations when ApplyChanges is called.
- Corrected an error using VS 2012 templates when VS 2013 has not been installed.
- Updated Entity Framework NuGet package to 6.1.1, and updated other NuGet packages to a newer version.
No reviews yet for this release.
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.